It works great for coin hunting, competition hunting and relic hunting, but it does it without any excess knobs. Switch on the detector and you're working in a silent search, motion all metal mode. The farther you turn the knob, the more discrimination you can bring to bear on those trashy sites. The Compadre now comes standard with a 5.75" round concentric coil, which also gives you the ability to get into and around natural obstacles like bushes, fences, and playground equipment. The Compadre is now available with an 8" round concentric coil. This coil will give you a slightly larger search area and better depth on larger targets.
The Compadre has it all. One knob simplicity for the beginner and high gain circuitry and the famous Tesoro ED-180 discrimination for the advanced user. If one detector can do all of this, maybe less is more.
- Operating Frequency: 12 kHz
- Searchcoil Type Round concentric, hardwired
- Searchcoil Size: 5.75"
- Cable Length Approx.: 3'
- Audio Frequency Approx.: 630 Hz
- Audio Output: 1 ½" speaker and headphone jack
- Headphone Compatibility ¼" stereo plug
- Weight (may vary slightly) 2.2 lbs
- Battery Requirement One 9 Volt DC (alkaline)
- Battery Life (typical) 10 to 20 hours
- Optimum Temp. Range 30° to 100° F
- Optimum Humidity 0 to 75% R.H.
- Operating Modes Silent Search Discriminate
Images are representative of product. Product may not be exactly as shown.